Thursday, September 24, 2009

Healthy Eating!

One of the phrases I heard a lot as a kid was something along the lines of, "Poor thing, you can't enjoy any foods!" It's amazing how some people know exactly what wrong things to say to children. =/ In all honesty, a child with food allergies can be a good thing, a GREAT thing even. Look around at the average kid today, and see what they're consuming: fast food, pizza, ice cream and cookies. Of course, this is all good in moderation, but it seems as though parents are getting too lazy to introduce healthy options to their children. I won't deny it, I myself eat a lot of cookies and ice cream and junk food here and there, but I will never say its a good thing.

According to Kidshealth.org, "The percentage of overweight children in the United States is growing at an alarming rate, with 1 out of 3 kids now considered overweight or obese."

So look at the upside of dealing with food allergies: in a sense it forces you to feed your child healthy options! Believe me, it IS possible for your child to love fruits and vegetables. Jacob's favorite food of all time is butternut squash, and he'd eat a whole squash if I let him. =)

Tonight's dinner recipe for Jacob:
Stir Fried Ground Lamb and Asparagus
Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment