Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rice Dream: Rice Milk & Stuffed Peppers Recipe

Wow, 2 weeks fly by! I apologize for the lack of updates! To make up for it, I'll review a product and share a recipe today.

Last week, I offered Rice Dream: Rice Milk to Jacob. For some reason I felt weird trying it myself, but my husband seemed to like it, and even used it in his cereal. Jacob seemed to like it a lot, and now we offer it to him during his meals. I am also quite pleased that they have "Enriched" varieties. Considering that rice milk alone is nowhere near as good as cow's milk, its good to know that the added Vitamins and Calcium are present to supplement Jacob's diet. I highly recommend! I haven't tried the Vanilla yet but am looking forward to give it to him.

Recipe Time: Stuffed Peppers
A dinner favorite in my family! My mother-in-law has made the best stuffed peppers for my husband and I, so I've been making it a lot for dinner. You can substitute vegetables and meats, but overall this is a great "all-in-one" meal.

1 pound ground beef (chicken or turkey is great too)
4 green peppers (or red and yellow)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of peas (I also like to use broccoli, carrots, you name it!)
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 cups cooked brown rice

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Saute the onions and garlic, and then brown the ground beef. Add your vegetables and saute. Add diced tomatoes. When all the vegetables are tender, gently blend in the cooked rice. For the peppers, cut off the tops and remove the seeds. You can either steam them in a stove-top steamer or microwave in a glass dish with about an inch of water for about 10-15 minutes. When the peppers are tender, stuff them with the ground beef, vegetables and rice. Place the stuffed peppers in an oven-safe dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment